Do all things without grumbling or disputing, that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, holding fast to the word of life, so that in the day of Christ I may be proud that I did not run in vain or labor in vain. —Philippians 2:14-16
There are three things I will talk about
A youth is a young person between the ages of childhood and adulthood.
He or she is
Strong and always try to exhibit strength and power.
A person who does not take light too serious
light, electromagnetic radiation that can be detected by the human eye.
Light is a type of energy that makes it possible for us to see the world around us.
What is the significance of light
Makes things visible
It help makes work easier and faster
It brings joy
It takes away fear.
And I wonder why when there is light out everyone feels hot
- What kind of car would Jesus drive? A Christler.
- What did the classmate say when asked why they kept walking next to the same person at school? “I was told I’m supposed to walk by Faith!
- Our fourth grader celebrated his birthday on crutches, so he couldn’t carry the cupcakes into school without help. I asked our sixth-grader, Noah, to help his brother carry them in. “I could,” he said, “but I’d prefer not to.” Spotting a teaching moment, my husband asked Noah, “What would Jesus do?” Noah answered, “Jesus would heal him so he could carry his own cupcakes.” —Rachel Nichols
- In the foyer(a large entrance), of a church, a young boy was looking at a plaque with the names of men and women who had died in various wars. He asked the pastor, “Who are these people?” The pastor said, “Those are members from our church who died in the service.” The boy asked, “The first service or the second service?”
The only son of God.
the Gospel of John, Jesus is called “the true light, which gives light to everyone” (John 1:9).
Throughout the New Testament, the followers of Jesus are called to be lights in the darkness.
CHARACTORISTICS OF A YOUTH IN THE LIGHT OF CHRIST
- make no provision for the flesh- But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to gratify its desires.( to fulfil the lusts thereof.) .( Romans 13:14)
the Greek word for flesh (sarx) refers to the sinful state of human beings,
“cast off the works of darkness and put on the armor of light” (Romans 13:12).
- Admired by the people around him- Matthew 5:16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.
- He/she becomes a yard stick
- He becomes a pace setter
What makes light never to shine
When it is disconnected from the source- Jesus
When there is no channel -You
When its in a bad environment- Sin
So how exactly do you shine?
Do not be conformed to this world … —Romans 12:2a, ESV
“Being a light” sounds great, doesn’t it? But it’s also a little abstract.
HOW EXACTLY DO YOU BECOME THIS BRILLIANT LIGHT TO PEOPLE AROUND YOU?
Here are 4 practical tips:
- Be careful what you say. The Bible calls the tongue “a restless evil, full of deadly poison” (James 3:8).
- Maybe a parent once told you, “If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all.
- Words are powerful and can be used for good or bad.
- Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear” (Ephesians 4:29). .
- Consider your entertainment. Where do you go for fun?
- What shows or movies do you watch?
- What kind of music do you listen to?
- you go to the same places, watch the same things or listen to the same music if Jesus were sitting next to you? Or would you be embarrassed?
- Use social media wisely.
- People are watching what you post, whether they interact with your posts or not.
- Think about the things you’ve posted recently—articles, comments, photos and so on. Could they be seen as prideful?
- Self-centered? Rude? What’s your motive?
- To put others down or make them jealous?
- . Aim to make informed, respectful posts that represent the One you claim as Lord.
- Think of others. Consider other people’s needs and help meet them.
- Encourage instead of criticize.
- Be patient.
- Give others the benefit of the doubt.
- If you hear gossip, distance yourself from it or change the subject.
- When you encounter a difficult person, remember that they were made and are loved by God.
- Above all, “Treat others the same way you want them to treat you” (Luke 6:31).